Kefir Is A Mast Cell Stabilizer?

Aimes

So I just read a very interesting book about a lady who controls her autoimmune/Dysautonomia/MCAD symptoms with diet. In her book, she talks about Kefir (the yogurt-like probiotic drink) and mentioned that it's a mast cell stabilizer. She cited a study and sure enough, that's what they found. Did anyone else know this or am I just behind on this Kefir stuff? Has anyone tried drinking Kefir daily? Did it help?

If anyone is interested, the name of the book is "Autoimmune: The Cause and the Cure" and it's written by Annesse Brockley and Kristin Urdiales. It's obviously based on theories but they do cite over 300 studies so it's an interesting read.

Here is a link to the Kefir study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22293347/

I have read both positive and negatives about Kefir. From people I know with MCAD/MCAS, CFS, and IBS it can work both ways help and hinder. There also seems to be a difference between homemade and store bought too. Probably due to the amount of live and active bacteria and yeast. I was told to stay away from all things fermented, and in some cases like wine, beer, certain cheeses, etc. I immediately react, but yogurt and kefir I can take in small amounts with no problem. But I do have a threshold before I start reacting to them as well. I think different people react to products differently. It doesn't hurt to try something if you think it will help.