Upside Down Tilt Table

Momof3boys

I'm very new here & still figuring out what is typical vs non-typical. I had a tilt table text 2 weeks ago. Thru my GP I've been on cymbalta for joint pain, bupropion and provigil for fatigue for the past 10 months or so. I got a cardiologist who started me 0.1mg of florinef last winter when my low BP symptoms got bad, then on 2.5mg of midrodine last week after he got the results of the tilt test. I was given iv saline prior to the test, I think 200mls. I was tilted for 45 minutes, given nitroglycerine, then tilted another 20 minutes. Here's my question: Both times when I was laid back down flat on the table, I had the sensation the table was inverted because I felt so much blood rushing to my head. The nurse swore it was level, but it took 2-3 minutes before it felt that way. I assumed this feeling was "typical" for POTS. It's probably just all the blood that was pooling in my extremities starting to circulate again. I've not yet read anyone else describe this though. I have learned to search topics here and have always found comfort that there is someone else out there with the same symptom(s). Anyone else had this feeling?

We used tilt tables in physical therapy to get post-op patients up in the distant past. They always thought they were going back beyond horizontal when we put them back down, so I think it's normal for just about everyone, not just POTS patients.