Fda Voice Of The Patient Report. Do You Recognize Your Symptoms Here?

Chaos

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForIndustry/UserFees/PrescriptionDrugUserFee/UCM368806.pdf

In April 2013, the FDA held a stakeholders meeting with patients, physicians, and researchers from the ME/CFS community in an attempt to jump start drug development to treat this disease.

Here is the link to their report on the synopsis of their findings regarding patient symptoms and the impact the disease has on everyday life. Reading through it, it certainly sounds to me an awful lot like what many of us complain about on a daily basis.

If in fact POTS and ME/CFS are just points on the same spectrum of neuro-immune-endocrine disorders then we aren't quite as few in numbers as we've been lead to believe and maybe will find some hope in the future with the research that is currently going on. It would be nice if the researchers realized they may all be climbing on the same elephant however and could combine their resources.

Wondering if other people recognize themselves in the report?

Thanks for sharing this interesting and validating report Chaos. Oh yes. I most certainly recognize myself in this report. I hope it won't be too long before some advancements in effective treatments are made.

Janet