Summer Day Time Activities

LTCBL

Guest Hanice

I'm in Miami Fl.. there is NO way I'm having fun in nearly 100 degree weather! I wait till its evening to go out with my kiddos and even then its too hot at times. Especially when their is absolutely no wind and the heat and humidity sets in.... I get diareah attacks and start shaking a little. Its horrible.

I put a gazebo up in my back yard this past spring so I always have shade to sit in. From there I read books or magazines and also do gardening with potted plants. I can sit (I have a table and chairs under the gazebo) so I am in the shade and I can put my gardening tools and plants and pots on the table. For easy clean up, I put a few drops of dish liquid on the table top and then let the hose do the rest. I planted herbs that sit on the shelves that came with the gazebo so I can cook with the fresh herbs I've grown. If your pots isn't too bad as far as walking, indoor museums are a good summertime activity when it's too hot. I meet friends for lunch or they come over for lunch or dinner. There are a few "markets" in my area that have stalls with different vendors where we can go eat or get gourmet ice cream and then grab some special gourmet foods to take home. There are also a few places near me that have free outdoor concerts in the evenings. If it is cool enough, I have gone to couple of them with friends.

Do you like to fish? My son can do this when the temperatures are below 75 degrees. We live near a park that has a fishing pond. So if the weather is nice in the morning, we do this activity. My son loves to be outside but does not tolerate temperatures above 75 degrees. We also have a lab that will fetch a ball. Pet therapy has been helpful.

Rachel