Anyone Else Lose All The Hair On Their Arms Due To Blood Pooling?

dmjl27

Imagine my surprise when all of sudden I realized....my thick dark hair on my arms had suddenly disappeared. I had noticed some odd changes on my arms over a course of a few weeks. I had what looked like a raised rash, deeper colored hands, some new joint pain, and hair always seemed to be 'raised'. Before I knew it...all the hair was gone. I was left with scaly like skin and baby fuss for hair.

Now, don't get me wrong....as a woman with dark brown arm hair, I was quite excited to be rid of it! However, it really surprised me. I contacted my doctor, and he informed me that since the blood is pooling in my arms now, it was result of that. (had been in my legs for quite some time, but since I'm bedridden, I had no idea it could happen in my arms, stomach, and eventually my chest).

I did a few quick online searches, and didn't see much about blood pooling in the arms in autonomic failure patients. He suggested I buy some arm compression sleeves to help. After using them off and on for 4 months, the hair is beginning to return-just thinner. I noticed if I don't have my arms elevated along with my legs, I feel much, much worse. (legs r elevated 24-7 already)

Anyone else have this happen to their arms?

Aaah!!! You have it rough dont you!! My heart goes out you. I have a very mild amount of pooling in my arms. I will notice white spots on my arms on the days I am not doing good and if I lift them in the air they dissapear. But not bad enough or often enough to lose my arm hair. I sure think of you and your family Melanie, and wish the best for you.