Hyperbaric Chamber Anyone??

Akgirl

hi guys, I know this subject had come up before. But I can't seem to find any real experiences of anyone with POTS or some form of Dysautonomia actually trying this. My aunt is undergoing hyperbaric treatment for sudden hearing loss, and its really helping her. But I am am wondering if any of you have actually tried this or know any info about it. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

I wonder how much of a pressure increase there is. Normal sea level pressure is 14.7psi, up where I live in the mountains it's somewhere around 12.5psi at about 6000 feet. I unfortunately don't notice any improvement of symptoms going to a lower altitude, but the increase in my heart rate while standing is slightly less when I go down to Phoenix which is about 1500 feet above sea level. Being acclimated to high altitude, I don't feel any ill effects from going on airliners travelling, as their cabin altitude while at 35,000 feet is usually about 6800 feet.