Non medicinal help for BP and HR

Guest elyag

Guest GayleP

I haven't been able to take meds for my dysautonomia since I went off of Florinef 2 years ago because I'm really med sensitive.

So I've been doing acupuncture and some other kinds of healing. I was recently taught a visualization exercise that helps to regulate blood pressure and heart rate. I have used it a few times when my HR has gone up or when I feel my BP is about to crash. It's worked for me so I thought I'd share it.

Basically all you have to do is to picture your heart and blood vessels. Visualize pure glowing energy running through your veins and circulating through your heart. Do this for a few minutes and breath deeply when your done.

Like I said it's worked for me.

Gayle

I do believe that there is a mind-body connection to tap into for any illness. I learned breathing, biofeedback and visualization techniques too when I was very ill (AND my insurance covered it). It is non-invasive and worth a try to see if it will help. Still, for me, what worked best has been an ssri (low dose) and especially lots of salt and fluids. BUT, I do not downplay how useful these non-invasive techniques can be, especially during uncomfortable spells, and for general long-term healing.

I'm glad it has been so helpful for you and thanks for sharing!

Katherine

Very cool.

Thanks for sharing.

As synchronicity would have it, I just learned about a practice called ideokinesis this week. In this, you visualize a part of your body working perfectly. By bringing this consious awareness you affirm the body part (or system) to realize its potential. There's more to it ... about how you notice your thoughts, words or movements and try and bring these in line with this "new" perfect image you are holding.

I am begining to look at the words I choose and trying to come up with better phrases that are more closely aligned with the vision I want to hold for myself. It's not about denying what is real -- you don't for instance walk around saying "I have perfect orthostatic tolerance." All the while your BP is plumeting and HR going through the roof. Instead you just hold a vision of what a "normal" autonomic system might be doing and see what comes from there.

I believe that there are many roads on our healing journey and at the end of the day it matters only that you continue to travel.

EM

Gayle,

It's always good to see your name pop up! :blink:

Thank you for sharing this meditation technique. I am ALWAYS looking for healing techniques such as this and get tired of the same old kabat-zinn cd. I am always interested in hearing different visualization techniques as well as healing music and meditation cds.

Did someone walk you through learning this technique? Or were you able to do it from a book or cd?

I struggle so much with meditation...I know how much it helps, but I find it sooooo challenging to quiet my mind...a sign that I need it even more!

Thanks for sharing,

Emily

Guest GayleP
Gayle,

It's always good to see your name pop up! :blink:

Thank you for sharing this meditation technique.  I am ALWAYS looking for healing techniques such as this and get tired of the same old kabat-zinn cd.  I am always interested in hearing different visualization techniques as well as healing music and meditation cds. 

Did someone walk you through learning this technique? Or were you able to do it from a book or cd? 

I struggle so much with meditation...I know how much it helps, but I find it sooooo challenging to quiet my mind...a sign that I need it even more!

Thanks for sharing,

Emily

Emily,

Besides the acupuncture I do Reiki over the phone with a healer who lives in Calgary and is a friend of my sister's. She's been attending work shops with other healers where they learn visualization techniques to help their clients. It just so happened that one of the techniques she learned was this one to help regulate BP and HR.

She basically went over it with me on the phone. It's easy enough to do so that you don't need someone to help you with it. I also find meditation hard because of concentration problems but this exercise is easy because it doesn't take too long or too much focusing.

And best of all for me it isn't a medication. Hope it it helps you and anyone else who wants to try it.

Guest GayleP

MG,

I wish I oculd take meds but they have done more harm to me than good. Biofeedback has been helpful for me as well. Salt and fluid are lifesavers and the 2 things I can't do without.

EM,

Thanks for sharing about ideokinesis. I'll give it a try.