What Gives??

andybonse

Hello,

Tonight, I am sitting bp 125/74 hr 59 stood up 127/75 hr 68, I feel completely normal as if I could get up go to the pub or work etc.

Then tomorrow it will be back to square one, hr going high etc..

Anyone get these sort of times where they go back to normal for a little while then bang hits ya again?

I really dont get it.

Guest Hanice

This is a question for the poeole on here that know a lot about pots.

If some pots people feel BETTER at night and are almost pots free at night, wouldnt that mean its most likely a chemical thing? Does that make us HYPERpots? And I would guess that that immediately crosses chiari off the list right?

If some pots people feel BETTER at night and are almost pots free at night, wouldnt that mean its most likely a chemical thing? Does that make us HYPERpots? And I would guess that that immediately crosses chiari off the list right?

Lol! Do you want our Wechsler scores? ;D

Generally Bp is lower when you are sleeping. As far as I know this is true for both kinds of pots patients as well as the general population. I have hyper pots and have spiked at night. Presumably high blood pressure would be unlikely in a person without excess adrenalin.

You are also less hydrated when you wake up.

To the OP- I never have a "normal" Bp reading. Of course I'm just one person, but my Bp and hr is always very different sitting vs. standing regardless of the time of day. Generally speaking I feel somewhat better in the afternoon.

Guest Hanice

Lol! Do you want our Wechsler scores? ;D

Generally Bp is lower when you are sleeping. As far as I know this is true for both kinds of pots patients as well as the general population. I have hyper pots and have spiked at night. Presumably high blood pressure would be unlikely in a person without excess adrenalin.

You are also less hydrated when you wake up.

To the OP- I never have a "normal" Bp reading. Of course I'm just one person, but my Bp and hr is always very different sitting vs. standing regardless of the time of day. Generally speaking I feel somewhat better in the afternoon.

Yes! Gimme your IQ results! I guess you didn't pass since you didn't really answer my question :-D just kidding!

Ha! My point was that Bp fluctuates in a 24 hr period. Most people are going to feel better when fully hydrated. Many doctors suggest that patients drink before rising.

We had to practice IQ tests in grad school, I'm pretty sure my sure my score post pots would be lower :P

Guest Hanice

What about hr though? My question is mostly about hr. I should've been more specific. I think Im hyper but my urine test didn't show any abnormalities. Im doing a blood Metanephrines soon, I will be certain about being hyper or not then.

I agree about being fully hydrated being great. But I don't think it would take 12 hrs to get hydrated!?

Guest Hanice

Because I have hbp that hits me like a bus sometimes when standing. It will be completely normal then bam 150/99! I will start shaking and hands cold as ice and sweaty too. I get panick attacks without mental stimulation.

Because I have hbp that hits me like a bus sometimes when standing. It will be completely normal then bam 150/99! I will start shaking and hands cold as ice and sweaty too. I get panick attacks without mental stimulation.

I hope you get some answers soon. Maybe it will comfort you to know that 150/ 99 isn't very high to many of us. I personally find that the fluctuation is rougher than the actual high / low. I'm all over the place with bp. I feel crappy when it's low, crappy when it's high, often crappy when it's normal ;)

It can be very scary but I have been assured that fluctuations in Bp are not harmful- meaning that you body is made to deal with rising and falling bps.

I've gone into the ER when my Bp was 200+/150 +. Now I'm able to wait it out (also on bb's so my highs aren't so high).

I felt much better knowing that athletes such as power lifters have high spikes upon exertion. Maybe you will will feel better about it too. It's upsettingto feel unwell and have readings that seem abnormal.

I had days, even weeks at a time when my POTS seemed to have vanished, but I did read that in some POTS seems to randomly wax and wane. My "advice" Andy, enjoy it while it lasts.

My HR is definitely lower at night (on average) but then most of my "extreme" tachy episodes also happened at night. Also, I did have BP spikes as high as 180/120 and I know I am not hyper POTS. My blood norepi levels (supine and standing) tested normal. I've also been evaluated for a pheo many times and I don't have that either. One of my drs told me once that it was as if my ANS was stuck in high gear and his job was to help me hit the brakes safely - I liked the analogy.

As it has been mentioned here in the past, the criteria for hyperPOTS is a blood norepinephrine level of over 600 (according to most labs anyway). I don't think a urine test gives any indication on your POTS type.

Alex