Is There An "adjusting Period" To New Blood Pressure?

Hey all,

Just wondering if in the attempts to raise my blood pressure by taking Florinef it can cause symptoms? I was taking it once a day and my Dr just increased it to twice a day.

Does your body take time to adjust to a new BP? Mines was normally in the 100's/60-70's and now it's getting close to 120/80. Just been feeling a little shaky and heady/faint feeling. Wondering if its taking time for my body to acclimate to the new blood pressure.

Thoughts? Experiences?

My personal experience with florinef and BP variations:

I have had a very hard time adjusting to a higher BP. I seem to be comfortable around 110/70 (give or take) and every time I went higher than that I had symptoms - shaky, headache, rush of blood to the head and what not.

Have you considered increasing your dose of florinef gradually rather than abruptly? For ex if you were taking 1 pill and now you're supposed to take 2, maybe start with a 1/4 pill increase, then after a couple of days go to 1/2, then to 3/4 until you reach your target dose and give your body time to adjust before increasing the dose.

Hope this helps.

Alex