Hyperbaric Chamber?

Agreeky

This is random but has anybody ever tried this bed? It helps with wound healing, but other benefits too. I read it can help with Autism, and inflammatory diseases... I had the idea maybe it could help us? It gets oxygen to the parts of your body that needs it. I asked my doctor if I could try it she said no. Without much explanation. Has anybody tried it? I still really want to give it a shot.

Its an extremely hot and growing part of medicine. Oxygenation of tissues and organs etc.

Good for athletes as well, apparently michael jackson wasnt quite as crazy as some think.

I'll bet it helps immune and nervous system neurological problems long term, although

not much research yet i would think.

You can buy a portable system for your home, cost getting somewhat doable.

I would wonder if it would be good for POTS patients. Many of us seem to be sensitive to changes in environmental conditions, including air pressure, oxygen levels, etc. I know I am. We couldn't live in such a chamber--so our bodies would have to adjust after leaving it...just a thought, I don't know much about it, but I have not heard it is a successful or appropriate treatment for POTS...

Perhaps this would be helpful in understanding the medical applications:

http://dukedivemedicine.org/?page_id=1104

INDICATIONS:
1. Air or Gas Embolism
2. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Complicated By Cyanide Poisoning
3. Clostridial Myositis and Myonecrosis (Gas Gangrene)
4. Crush Injury, Compartment Syndrome and Other Acute Traumatic Ischemias
5. Decompression Sickness
6. Arterial Insufficiencies:
Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
Enhancement of Healing In Selected Problem Wounds
7. Severe Anemia
8. Intracranial Abscess
9. Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
10. Osteomyelitis (Refractory)
11. Delayed Radiation Injury (Soft Tissue and Bony Necrosis)
12. Compromised Grafts and Flaps
13. Acute Thermal Burn Injury
14. Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (New! approved on October 8, 2011 by the UHMS Board of Directors)

Ive been using an oxygen concentrator as needed for a couple years. Only fire it up during flares. Purchased on craigs but the original was a rental.

The thing about breathing problems is..........doctors only think about your 02 saturation, NOT about how much youre struggling to get air!!!!

There is a modern stigma that people will get "dependent" on 0xygen therapy but to me, that seems ridiculous.

Everyone is dependent on oxygen as its the main fuel your body uses every second of your life.

If you research the "pre flood" era biblically and archaeologically the 02 content was 50 percent higher. The human

body apparently is designed to run on a higher content.

I wonder if you can rent an 02 tent that is hyperbaric and see if it yields results under the supervision of

a respiratory therapist? I would certainly do that myself if I were struggling with air hunger.

Blessings

Spinner I looked into getting one at home, but I wanted to try it first. MomtoGiuliana thanks for the info. Seems like it could maybe help if you know the specific cause of your POTS

I was suffering, and still do, from frequent migraines which worsened with POTS onset. I can't tolerate the migraine meds and did some research. Found that O2 was used for cluster headaches as a prescription and less often, for migraines. I finally got a small tank with prescription and many times it does help take down the pain of the headache. Not always but enough that I would not be without it. It is very reasonable in cost, no side effects at all.

I think you can rent a hyperbaric chamber but I would try it first in a medical setting.

Spinner, does it help pull you out of a flare? I am in a big one now.

The article was interesting, and its "buyer beware" as there doesnt seem to be much info available.

It does give us pause, if we have good 02 saturation, then it was saying adding more can be harmful.

But my own question would be "does the extra 02 help a person struggling to breathe?"

It seems obvious to me from experience with doctors that they go by vitals, and if im at 98 they assume

im not having breathing problems, but THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Pulse oximetry doesnt measure EFFORT.

One time I was in ER and I'd been struggling to breathe for about 10 hours. The 02 helped, but they

discharged me and i went back to struggling.

We cant give medical advice on here for this exact reason. I have sleep apnea alongside DA and the

02 concentrator makes me feel better with about 20 minutes of therapy.

Im willing to take that chance, and i havnt suffered any ill effects that i know of, but once again,

a respiratory therapist is probably the way to go with questions.

They seem to use these hyperbaric chambers for extreme events but whether they'll become

the latest fad (like michael jackson who used to sleep in one) or a dangerous trend .............who knows yet?