Low Thyroid/hashimoto's Sufferers, Some Help Please.

Katybug

My mom has Hashimoto's. There was recently a scare with tampering and so the Levoxyl she was taking has been temporarily taken off the market. The endo has put her on synthroid and after only a week, her hair is falling out (the reason she stopped using this drug before.) We know there is a drug people refer to as "Armour". Does anyone have any feedback on that drug or other options that she can discuss with her endo?

I took Levothyroxine for the first 6 months after I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism (later dx'd with Hashi's). I got worse, rather than better. I have been on Armour for about a year and a half. I am doing a better on it, but still struggling to find the right dose. I have read a lot about it and the general opinion seems to be that Armour is better, but it really depends on the person. My mom is on Levothyroxine and she is doing fine. My problems with it may stem from my POTSy chemical sensitivities. If your mom is still symptomatic with the meds or is having side effects, I think it would be a good idea to discuss Armour with her doctor.