Month Follow Up Today With The Dr. And He Said....

Had my month follow up with the electrophysiologist today. He put me on florinef last month, seems to maybe be helping a bit. I've tracked my bp and hr over the past 10 days and showed it to him. I've stayed mostly in the 100's-110's/60's-70's. He up'd the dosage to twice daily, we'll see how that goes.

The interesting thing he shared with me (which may help some of you that have this issue) is in regards to what i think are "adrenaline dumps". Sometimes when i wake up in the morning i'm so out of it and i feel like i need to keep tensing my muscles. At the same time i feel like my heart is racing, but when i check my bp and hr they're normal. He shared with me the issues in that i may be having in the 'Vagal System' which is directly linked with my endocrine system and the issues with adrenaline. He said that it probably isn't balanced either which is why i have these issues in the morning and that it takes time ( an hour or so) for my body to level back out with the adrenaline issues.

Anyone else familiar with this?

If we don't see much improvement in another month he's sending me up to the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion.

Just trusting in God and medicine that things are getting better everyday.

Have you had your adrenal glands checked given these morning "rushes" you're describing?

It could be your cortisol levels that are elevated and responsible for whatever you're dealing with particularly since your HR and BP are OK.

I went through a couple of weeks of these feelings after I weaned myself off klonopin. I had my morning cortisol tested twice (blood test) at that time and it came back slightly elevated both times. As time went by, the feelings subsided, and I know now that it was part of the benzo withdrawal "package". Benzos can interfere with the functioning of the ANS and the adrenal glands and withdrawal can mimic POTS, so I'm just speculating here that you might be dealing with something similar.

What has helped me was deep diaphragmatic breathing practiced almost religiously.

Hope you feel better soon.

Alex