Hyper Pots = Hyper Me!?

Janet,

because of the side effects you had with a higher dose of clonidine, the patch may work very well for you.( Actually I think the name used for it is Catapress) ... bonus: It eliminates daily pills as you change it once a week. I mentioned earlier I don't have benefit from the xr's or la's so that's the only reason I cant use it. its really tiny and I kept it on my shoulder

I had a really great doctors appointment today and discussed with my dr's yours and kayjay's suggestions and decided to try the thigh compression hoses. I'm going to give it a shot and hope it helps like it has for you. Was it hard to get adjusted to them in the beginning? Hopefully they'll atleast make the rest of the summer a bit more bearable..

I take in about between 8-10g of sodium per day. depends on how I'm feeling. How about you? Do you ever have low pressures? I bottom out sometimes and then quickly raise back up.

Take care Janet!! :rolleyes: Thank you for being so helpful.. its very much appreciated!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sarah,

Thanks so much for the Clonidine patch suggestion. I will have to bring that up at my next appointment. I have extremely sensitive skin so I wonder if that would be an issue. I have to use cortisone cream quite often.

I'm so glad you had a great doctors appointment today and have some new things to try. In regards to the compression hose ( I actually wear compression leggings ), there was a slight adjustment period but not too much. I really loved them from the time that I got them. They help tremendously but unfortunately lately I have developed such an intense problem with intermittent burning skin on my legs that the hose seem to irritate I end up with them on and off throughout the day. I'm not sure what to do. I can't bear the thought of giving them up. I keep hoping this burning problem will disappear soon because I find it so much harder to function without the compression. I hope you find them as helpful as I have.

I take in about 9 gram sodium per day. I don't base the amount on blood pressure readings either as mine is very labile and can fluctuate rather a lot throughout the day as well. 80s/40s to 200/110.

You take care too Sarah. I appreciate your help as well.

Janet