Minocycline For Lyme's Disease?

I, bought minocycline was generally an antibiotic for acne and I personally haven't heard of it being used for Lyme. I have always been told that deoxycycline is the antibiotic of choice for Lyme treatment. I think I would do some research if I were you to make sure that Lyme is one of the off label treatments for minocycline. Lyme is hard to treat and being on the wrong antibiotic won't do you any favors as treatment of Lyme is time sensitive and the longer it goes untreated the harder it is to treat. I hope you don't have it.

Hi Michael,

My son was also treated with this drug for about 3 months. The doctor suspected he had a virus in his system. My husband and I did see this type of improvement for a little while but it was not a long lasting effect. Since our son had the flu in January, his health condition is much worse. Our doctor believes my son's pots may have some type of an immune component that is causing the POTS. Last week my son was seen by an immunologist and she ordered a bunch of blood work. My son has been tested for lyme and the test came back negative. From my understanding, minocycline can be used to treat a variety of virus. If this seems to be helping you, you might want to go see an immunologist.

It is one of the drugs used by Dr. Fry who is a Lyme disease doctor. It depends on what type of organism is and what your symptoms are as to which one he gives you. He gave me doxy - but, another POTSie mino. So, I think it depends on the type of organisms you have. Lots of info on here - several threads on this subject. Do a search.

Issie