Does Your Blood Pressure Drop After You Start A Round Of Antibiotics?

I really never noticed this before with my son until he started taking Azithromycin yesterday. I give him this medication after supper. He is on this because of a possible strep infection. I am waiting on a strep culture to come back. However, I'm glad I started him on the medication because of some improvement I saw in him today. He has not coughed at all today and his vocal tic has been absent. So I'm really wondering what is in his system right now. Last night after he took the medication, his blood pressure drop down to 103/78 an hour later.. This morning his blood pressure was 114/75. He takes clonidine at night, so it must be helping with blood volume. So today, I made sure he had a little more salt before supper and it was only dropped down to 108/75 an hour later.. The cardiologist likes to see his top number stay at 110 or above. I would not have thought anything about this, but I noticed this because of how often I take his blood pressure readings. Does anybody have lower blood pressure after taking antibiotics? Do only certain antibiotics affect the blood pressure?

Low blood pressure as well as tachycardia and some heart arrhythmias are less common yet serious side effects associated with z-pack antibiotics. One of the many drs I've seen since I got sick told me to stay away from z-pack and fluoroquinolone antibiotics in general (this was before I was diagnosed with POTS)...I never questioned her and I honestly don't know what the explanation may be.

Alex