Strange New Symptoms -- Scared -- What To Do

For the last couple of weeks, my blood pressure has been plummeting at night. It's hot here, but I am not going out and am very well hydrated constantly. It's not every night, but almost every night this week, and it may or may not be related to the tiny piece of inderol I take around 6pm, supposed to act for 6 hours. Anyway, at about 8 or 9 pm, I begin to feel shaky or whoozy and tonight I got terrible chills, turned the AC off and sat here shivering for hours, while drinking water and gatorade and V-8 juice, watching my bp sink to 78//51 and up. Right beforehand, during the day my bp was kind of high, 140/85, probably reflective of all the fluids and salt I was taking. Now I am sweating, turned the AC back on, my bp seems to be alittle higher. In addition, for the last couple of weeks, I have had terrible bouts of anxiety, shaky and like I'm jumping out of my skin, but feels very physical. I think I've written about this a few days ago, maybe, can't remember but things are getting worse. Went to see my cardiologist, she told me to not take the betablocker unless my bp is 110, but of course my bp is over 110 when I take it, it plummets later. No one has a clue and is generally dismissing this as dehydration, despite my fluid intake.

Does anyone have a suggestion what I should do? What is going on?

Just to add I have no thyroid and my numbers are always out of whack, not sure what they are now.

If I try to stop the bb, my heart rate goes soaring, even after a few hours, so that doesn't seem to be the answer, and not sure if it's the bb at such a small dosage (maybe 5 mg of inderol.

Any help you give will be greatly appreciated.

Guest Hanice

Have you ever check your adrenals?? Have you done a 24 hr urine catch?? What type of test have you done before?? I hope you figure this out sooon.

Edit** I actually freeze at night too but ive never thought of checking my bp when this happens.... I will if I freeze tonight. My bp during the day is pretty low but if I go out somewhere like a doctor's it will be really high, like 140/90..

Hi Hanice,

i am scheduled for an MRI of my adrenals in a couple of weeks. I've done 24 hour urine for metanephrine, was negative. No other tests really except the usual POTS tests and heart tests -- echo, etc. I have no thyroid and had one parathyroid removed for being hyper, I've read somewhere that paras can affect bp, but not sure. It is really driving me crazy. Last night my bp was once again bottomed at 74/51, tonight went up to 171/115. Took a small extra piece of inderol and now it's way down again. It's driving me crazy let alone scaring me and making me feel completely out of control.

Guest Hanice

I know what you mean.. My bp last night went from 102 (sitting down) to 151 (when I stood up) but strangely enough my beats were normal and I stayed standing and redid the test and it went back down to 114 and when I sat down it went up then down and stayed at a normal 100-110.... its like its a wave or a zigzag. When I stand up and feel like crap its most of the time because of my beats but when I take my pulse at my throat and its normal and I STILL feel bad then I know its my blood pressure.. But also sometimes it goes high and others low upon standing.

I fell asleep and forgot to take my blood pressure when I was freezing but I will try again tonight!