Will Coming Off Medication Affect Your Heart Rate?

My son has been off florinif for over two weeks. His blood pressures are staying up. However, his heart rate is all over the place. I am able see this because I take his blood pressures hourly. I never see it go below 70 when my son is sitting in the recliner. It will go over the 100 mark several times a day. Would this be a side effect of coming off this medication? Our cardiologist is getting my son's blood pressure and heart readings weekly. He has not added any new medications and he has not gotten back test results for Autoimmune Dysautonomia. I'm sure he's waiting on this before he does anything different. The tremors are still present but my son is getting more breaks from them. My husband and I saw that change last week.

I had no issues with my HR after coming off florinef, but then I never saw any major improvement while I was on florinef...we are all so different.

His HR being allover the place might just be due to the fact that his ANS is going haywire, not necessarily a withdrawal effect from his florinef.

Any chance you could discuss licorice with his dr if you'd rather not have him on florinef? (my understanding is that it has the same benefits but less of the long term health issues florinef could cause). If his blood volume is low - like MomtoGiuliana said - florinef might have actually helped boost his blood volume thus reduce the tachycardia. Have you talked to his dr about a blood volume test?

Hang in there,

Alex