Ummm....i Could Use A Thundershirt For Humans!

So the fireworks (the home variety...firecrackers, bottle rockets, cherry bombs) have begun in the neighborhood and although I've always liked fireworks, my body can not take it. I feel like I need one of those Thundershirts they make for dogs. The noise sets off adrenaline surges with each crack or pop. This in turn is aggravating my tremors and starting to let a migraine creep in. Anyone else?

Lol Katybug, I know exactly how you feel. First we had tons of thunderstorms this week, and i swear the thunder was making my eye twitch from anxiety, felt shaky. Then the fireworks today had me scowling too. I just can't handle that kind of stress anymore. I felt that way this past year at the fair too. I almost got in a wreck on the way up to it ( stupid crazy guy in our lane), and then one of the roller coasters there had a board fall off and slam down onto a cart right after we'd gotten off( the family, though shaken, was unharmed). By the time we left the fair i felt like I never wanted to see it again. Adrenaline definitely has an impact on me like it does you

I'm with both of you. I'm ready for them to stop!!! I'd like to just roll of in a couple of blankets and go to bed but I have to wait. Boo! I took my midodrine late this afternoon so I can't lay down yet. I'm not alone in my suffering, Tuffy is freaking out. They poor thing is on my lap shuddering so hard I feel like I'm on one of those old vibrating beds. He's a tiny little guy but boy can he shake. I think his heart is beating faster than mine and that's saying something. LOL. I just hope tonight will be the end of it.

Wendy

I am still full of adrenaline rushes. Fireworks every night since Thursday. The dog and the cats have gotten over it and don't even care tonight but my body just doesn't want to adjust. It's getting a little old. Oh well. I still like watching them. :-)

Yep. I'm with you all on the noise sensitivity issues whatever the source. Can definitely take the fun out of firework viewing or any other activity that produces noise. The intermittent adrenaline surges can be so nerve rattling, pain producing, exhausting etc. I have found wearing earplugs to be helpful for some things though. Oh, last year I watched a great firework display on TV.

Janet