Just Another Symptom?

Kat

I just started Metoprolol and also Vimat during a hospital stay that started with very high blood pressure that for some reason was not relieved by laying down. I know it takes awhile to get used to medications but I am really struggling. I have been having a weird symptom and wondered if anyone else experienced it. When I am upright very long, in addition to my regular symptoms, I am getting a pulling sensation. It kinda feels like my throat to my chest is pulling down. I don't know if it is related or not but when I am eating I am suddenly full and it is like my mouth and throat just can't swallow another bite. Any thoughts?

Kat

Hi Kat

I'm not familiar with either one of these medications. When you start lowering or raising dosages it takes a few days for your body to adjust to new medications. But it can be pretty scary if you have never experienced these symptoms before. If you are concerned by the changes, don't hesitate to call your doctors office as soon as possible. Hope you feel better soon.