Compression/wheelchairs

My autoimmune dysautonomia is getting out of control. I am going to get compression hose and an abdominal girdle. I am thinking about getting 40-50 mmHg compression hose. The only brand that makes this compression, without custom ordering is Mediven. The style offered is the Forte. If I order custom, the cost is twice as much.

For a girdle, I am thinking about getting this.

http://showcase.designveronique.com/designveronique/index.php/shop/postsurgical/mid-body/non-zippered-abdominal-girdle.html

If this doesn't work I might get a wheelchair.

Anyone have advice or tips for compression or wheelchairs?

I've no experience with the compression, so will be interested to read the replies.

I got my wheelchair from the hospital, on the NHS. I don't know if the situation will be different in the U.S, but it might be worth asking your doctor or consultant if you can get a free one? I got mine about ten years ago, and they come and service it free of charge when anything goes wrong with it. It officially belongs to them, but I've been told to keep it as long as I need it. Wheelchairs can be pretty expensive to buy, especially to get a sturdy one which was essential for me. Mine also has a seat belt so that if I faint whilst in it, I don't fall out of the chair.

I'm sure other people in the U.S will be able to give you more thorough advice.

I've no experience with the compression, so will be interested to read the replies.

I got my wheelchair from the hospital, on the NHS. I don't know if the situation will be different in the U.S, but it might be worth asking your doctor or consultant if you can get a free one? I got mine about ten years ago, and they come and service it free of charge when anything goes wrong with it. It officially belongs to them, but I've been told to keep it as long as I need it. Wheelchairs can be pretty expensive to buy, especially to get a sturdy one which was essential for me. Mine also has a seat belt so that if I faint whilst in it, I don't fall out of the chair.

I'm sure other people in the U.S will be able to give you more thorough advice.

Thank you.

Does anyone have an ultra lightweight wheelchair?

I have an appointment with my neurologist at the end of June. I am unable to go out except for picking up a few things at the grocery store. I cannot go shopping, go to school, or work. I cannot stand for long periods of time. This has been going on for a couple of years, and I have not improved significantly with treatment. My quality of life has diminished.

I have also consulted a specific forum, http://sci.rutgers.edu, which is for people who use wheelchairs. I am thinking about either getting an Icon Wheelchair (fully adjustable rigid chair) or a TiLite titanium wheelchair-Tilite ZRA or TiLite TR3. With the TiLite wheelchairs, I could use a power assist, such as the

to help me get around. It could get 10 miles of assisted propelling, which would be great with the orthostatic and heart rate issues. Medicare even reimburses the Smartdrive, under certain conditions.

I really want to go back to school but I don't know how I could do it without a wheelchair.

Alright, sorry to make posts about two subjects in a single thread.

I found some decent compression hose that I am going to be ordering soon.

They are Mediven Forte Hose, 40-50 mmHg compression. They have a six month guarantee and there are lots of good reviews on them.

http://www.compressionsale.com/mediven-plus-40-50-mmhg-open-toe-pantyhose.html

This site even allows returns if you try the hose on.