Small, Bright, Deep Red Purplish Raised Spots On Legs?

looneymom

This rash comes and goes. I took a picture of it to send to the doctor. It does not itch and some are raise up but not full like a pimple. It only appears on his legs. Does anyone else have this unique rash? Is this related to POTS or MCAS?

I get this often. For me, it is folliculitis. I think I get it for a variety of reasons. I can't use any sort of OTC or prescription lotions/moisturizers as that will cause it. I can only use coconut oil to moisturize and only if I've been out of the shower for a while and my pores have had a chance to close. I also get it sometimes when I am sick....almost like a reaction to the illness. I have mcas so its not really surprising. I also got it when they took me off prednisone and florinef early in 2012...again not surprising given that I have mcas.My immunologist has me wash my legs with antibacterial liquid soap (like Dial antibacterial body wash) and use a plastic body brush to scrub my legs (plastic so it does not grow any germs on it like a natural fiber would). This usually helps it clear up faster.