Postpartum-Quick Question

britishangel6

I've had POTS my entire life. After my first daughter, I literally felt the best I have ever felt. I was even asked the name of the condition I have and couldn't think of it because it had been so long since I had any issues. I breastfed as long as I could but had a lot of trouble with supply. I'm curious if this might be related to dysautonomia? My second daughter was born in September and I was feeling good and breastfeeding her until I started having severe gallbladder attacks in November. I was having supply issues again, though. I had surgery for the gallbladder in December and this flare started so I stopped breastfeeding. It's been a struggle since! I don't want to give you false hope because I feel like it might be rare for POTSies to feel better than normal after pregnancy. I can tell you that it was quite a slap in the face to go from feeling like the POTS had gone away to now wondering if I actually have some sort of autoimmune issue. It's hard for me to say if all of these new symptoms would have manifested without the gallbladder issues. I don't want to scare others out of having babies when I feel like the pregnancy, gallbladder pain, and surgery just created the perfect storm for my body to collapse.