Double Sigh--Weird New Vision Issue?--Update

ophelialit

Hi again, all...

So I posted last night about my hazy, foggy vision that was becoming seriously bothersome...well, I woke up this morning and thought, for a moment, that the house was on fire because all I could see was "smoke." Once I realized it was just the foggy vision to the MAX, I called my ophthalmologist and scheduled an appt. ASAP. As you know, I was seriously freaked out and concerned that it was optic neuritis which is a big indicator for MS. Turns out I got good news and bad news: good news is I don't have optic neuritis. Bad news? I have bilateral uveitis! ***? Now my eye guy is sending me for an HLA-B27 test to check for yet MORE autoimmune stuff, and I have to spend the next week in a dark room and use steroid drops 4 x's a day.....anyone else out there ever have this? I am SO frustrated with the whole universe right now....I think I'll spend that week in a dark room curled up with a good book and a big ol' bottle of Grey Goose! :P

Hey there! It's relatively treatable--4 drops of PredForte (steroids) 4 times a day for a week and try to stay in the dark as much as possible to allow the pupils to dilate (actually not sure why that's helpful, now that I think about it). Anyway, it's related to inflammatory and autoimmune stuff, so I'm sure it was triggered by something in my wacky system. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, though I'm not on meds currently because my TSH, T3 and T4 levels have all been normal....and it seems as if there's a pretty big correlation between Hashimoto's and uveitis. Who knows? The HLA-B27 is an autoimmune test for ankylosing spondilitis, primarily, and it's also heavily tied to uveitis, soooooooo, I guess we'll see. Sheesh. Ugh. Blargh. And so forth...