Lyme, Thyroiditis, Dysautonomia Anyone?

Allotmenteer

Well...kind of. I was treated for Lyme because I had a positive babesia test. I have a strong family history of autoimmune thyroid issues and just this fall docs started to note my thyroid is enlarged although my most recent tests are still normal. And of course I definitely have POTS (and MCAD and EDS) . It really is unpleasant sometimes. I have no proof but I feel like the tick-borne illness is what triggered the expression of all the other stuff. I was healthy, active, and frankly an overachiever until that stupid tick got me.

Lyme is definitely my trigger, too. Have subacute thyroiditis (for four years), which is caused by the thyroid cartilage being invaded by Lyme bacteria, I'm certain. Had two and a half years anbx, then LLMD refused to give me any more. Had to find a new LLMD which took a long time (UK has only one expensive private doctor that will treat chronic Lyme), while I went very much downhill. Started new abx in Dec, which gave me a nasty reaction 10 days in triggering Dysautonomia. If I could get rid of the Lyme, I'm sure the rest would resolve but i'm now hypersensitive to medication and can't take anything. Trapped! Waiting for an appt in London to confirm the Dysautonomia, don't actually know what to do next...

Yes, my life was ruined when i caught Lyme from a biting deer fly at my allotment. Wish I'd never taken up gardening. :-((