Benefit Changes In Uk / Worried

helen.t

hi there, i've not posted in a while but i'm hoping that there might be someone from the UK who has POTS and being affected by the benefit changes that are happening here. I have received a form to fill in regarding my incapacity benefit and i am worried that it might be withdrawn. I am severey affected with POTS and other numerous health issues but i am anxious that my ilness won't be regarded as bad enough to continue to be in receipt of the benefit. I would find it impossible to work-- I had to give up 8 years ago. Is there anyone in a simiar position and how did you get on? helen

Hi Helen

I am from the uk, myself i am not on benefits at present although i know others who are for other reasons. My thoughts would be think carefully about every question you answer and dont make things out to be better than they may be, all you need to do is say you are ok walking certain distances and they could have you working in Tescos lol!!!

thanks diamondcut for your advice! i really appreciate it! you look as if you got most of the same illnesses as me. are you able to work? i struggled to work for many years while being ill and fighting it all the time until finally my body just couldnt seem to recover. that was when i finally got some proper answers as to what was wrong. i live in glasgow but i travelled to london to doctors there who have helped me although not enough to get me back working- i wish!.. thanks again...