Joint Pain And Sudden Increase In Bp? High Bp/low Bp Cycle?

Tuesday

Towards the end of last week I had a flare of joint pain bad enough to keep me from being able to sleep. I went to the doctor and they are doing some blood work for RA, but while there my BP measured in the 150/90 range! She gave me a prescription for prednisone and it seems to be helping, but my BP is still really high. It was 151/98 when I checked last night.

I am on Florinef daily. Without it, my BP is around 90/60, and with it I've been pretty stable around 120/80. The high BP came at the same time as the joint pain, does anyone have any idea why that might be?

I've got a call in to my cardio to see if I need to stop taking the florinef (I think I'll hold off on my dose until I hear from them just in case).

I quit taking Midodrine and Florinef before when I was on them because my BP was spiking like this. But inevitably things go south and my BP plumments and I'm back on one or both of them. Does anyone else go through that low/high BP cycle?

I seem to go thru cycles of higher and lower BPs, as well as cycles where I get really narrow pulse pressures. However, you could also be having higher BPs because of the pain. It can be a normal response if you're having a lot of pain in your body for your BP to go up. Usually it's more likely to show up in the systolic (top) number, but could also reflect in the diastolic too I would think.

I know when I saw my POTS doc a few weeks ago he was saying we all usually change over time in our symptom presentation, so this may be "normal" for us?