Joint Pain, Headaches, Hives, Dizziness. Any Relief?

Tuesday

So, it looks like I'm dealing with another flare up over this past week. I'm having lots of joint pain, and my joints (knees especially) just generally feeling loose. I've had bad headaches and other migraine aura symptoms, hives/itching, and my general daily dizziness.

Anyone have any ideas for relief? I don't think it's worth bothering a doctor unless it gets too bad or more severe than I'm used to, but I am just frustrated and annoyed and I need to get some rest. Have not been able to sleep well at all for days.

My Functional Medicine doctor diagnosed me with fungal dysbiosis a few months ago. She put me on a very restrictive diet to try to heal my gut. I hardly ever have gastro intestinal symptoms. But if I cheat a little and eat something that is not on my diet I get a smashing headache and bad joint pain--especially my hips and knees.

Your symptoms seem like a food sensitivity to me--especially the hives. You might try an elimination diet to see if any foods are causing your symptoms. Common culprits are gluten, dairy, etc.

You would probably have to go on a restrictive diet for at least a month to see if you have food sensitivities/allergies. Get everything cleaned out of your system, then slowly add foods back into your diet one at a time and see if any foods cause symptoms for you.

My doctor told me that my headaches and joint pain are an immune response to foods I am sensitive to. I would have not believed this if I had not experienced it myself. I generally don't have any GI issues at all. But it never occurred to me that my other aches could be caused by gluten, sugar, etc. But now that I have been on this diet, I can really tell when I eat food that upsets my system.

There is a lab called Metametrix and they do a lot of testing to identify GI and other issues. They could help you find a doctor to work with in your area.