Blood Pressure Monitor That Doesn't "error" With Very Low Bp?

Leigh8

Hi all,

I have noticed that my blood pressure monitor gives an "error" when I am feeling super weak and dizzy - I imagine it is because my blood pressure is too low for it to detect. I saw someone else post about this a little while ago, so I know I'm not the only one with this issue! Can anyone recommend a good brand of blood pressure monitor that doesn't give an "error" with very low blood pressures?

Thanks so much. Hope everyone is feeling well :)

Leigh

I've just had to go to using a manual cuff and stethescope because I've not been able to find an electronic one that will accept the weird readings I get when I'm symptomatic. When I see what I'm getting with the manual cuff at times, I can see why the electronic cuff doesn't like it and reads as an error. You can get a manual cuff with attached stethescope for less than $15 at Walmart that works well. It's not hard to learn how to use it, as long as you have relatively normal hearing.

Thanks so much, sarahm. Do you by any chance know what the model is?

I do sometimes take my blood pressure manually, but my doctor has me take it sitting and then standing, and it can be hard to do manually while standing especially when I get really weak and dizzy. Thanks for the advice though!

Same problem here, but I have hyper-POTS so my BP usually errors out when it is too high as WELL as too low. I called a manufacturer who told me that the problem is low blood volume - the machines cannot pick up the sound of blood rushing as it is so little going through it.

So I would NOT assume that you have real low bp when you error out - that might not be the case.

The bad part is that during the times we are most ill and need a bp measurement, the dang thing isn't working!