I made it to the gym!

Thought I'd write this in green to be all jolly-- this is SO cool--today I made it to the gym. You may think this is nothing coming from a 23 year old vegan who used to cycle 5 miles a day and swim 1km at the pool 3 times a week, but after the last POTShole (which I whined about on here very recently- SORRY!) I was left in a wheelchair and the most incapacitated I had ever been...

Since Thursday I have refused the wheels and decided not to get mad, but to get even with POTS.

So I've been walking a little bit each day, and today I did a little bit at the gym. Not much compared to before, but I walked over 1km on the treadmill- that's more than I've walked in the last 2 months. I felt quite proud, even if I do say so myself...

My pulse was MUCH better than last time- mainly in the 150-160 zone, but up to 170 on the stepper (Always did hate stairs!), as opposed to 205 +

These betablockers are obviously making a real difference.

Not bad for someone told 2 weeks ago by a cardiologist to get used to having a wheelchair because there was nothing else left to try! :(

just thought I would share my GOOD news with you all :(

Guest tearose

There are many good things yet to come...I am very proud of you but more important, you should be proud of you! It takes determination and effort to make these changes!

And you have that great news for your future from Oxford, right?

I think you'll make it to next years poetry festival in Scotland!!!

best regards, tearose