Long Timers Chime In ....

runningshoe

Haven't been here in a while....

Have had pots for 6 years. Try to do most things right (meds, rest, exercise, salt, lyme treatment) but it seems that even though some symptoms are well controlled my fatigue is worse. Anyone else having this experience? Almost seems like I am heading more into CF territory. Just wondering if anyone else who has had this for years has any insight....

Healing wishes to all.

Thanks

Yes, I seem to have fatigue issues. I am finding out that in my case one potential cause is the medicines I am on, specifically my very strong proton pump inhibiter for reflux, Dexilant. Also, antihistamines I am taking can cause fatigue.

I am saying this because I had stopped taking many of my meds for varied reasons, and noticed immediately that I felt alive, human, with-it, and normal. Unfortunately, the saga continues as I was unable to stay off of the Dexilant.

Do not underestimate side effects of medicines. Also, I suppose you know already that your thyroid may not be producing enough.

Anyhow, I hope you can sort it out soon. Not fun.

I've had POTS since I was a teenager but it got MUCH worse after a flu shot and having my daughter 3 years ago but I'm with futurehope, I had to stop meds because the side affects to those were much worse than dealing with POTS. I'm not suggesting that you stop your meds but maybe they can be changed a bit (dosage) to help.