Dexamethasone & Migraines - Feel Great, What Gives?

Zap

Okay, so I've been in a nasty cycle of migraines lately. So much so that I was given 1 mg Dexamethasone AM and PM to break the cycle, for just 5 days.

I haven't felt this great in a long time - most of my symptoms are slim to none at the moment, and I can't believe how much I've been able to do the last few days. What I'm trying to figure out is WHY. It would seem to indicate that there is some sort of adrenal issue, or it is somehow helping suppress an autoimmune issue, or it might just be building blood volume.

At any rate, has anyone ever noticed this connection before? Any thoughts on what avenues I should explore with this in mind?

I'm seriously beside myself - I haven't been up for much, especially with the migraines going full tilt. However, the other day I actually worked on my girlfriend's car to give it a tune-up. I've even been getting up earlier than I have in months. I feel like my old self - which is incredible, yet I'm obviously afraid that this will all end when the pills run out. I also know that it isn't a good idea to take something like this long term, anyway, but I know it has to mean something that is worth paying attention to.

Thanks for any input!

When i had my steroid shot in my neck which was a nerve block injection for migraine, it took the pain away for 2 weeks, my tachy was much better and it was successful in that respect. However as i am type 1 diabetic, the impact it had on my sugar levels was terrible and my insulin was resistant for almost 2 weeks and it was scarry.

However if i hadnt of been a diabetic then the steroid would have helped me for 2 reasons. The Pain firstly , and it helped my tachy because it did thicken the blood, and bring my heart rated down. In my opinion.

Nope - haven't had anything of that sort before. I think that (and Botox) are both on the migraine clinic's long list of possible therapies that they ask if you've tried. What I'm taking now are just pills of the Dexamethasone.

It's really odd for me to be sleeping better and then to be up early without feeling run over. If nothing else, I'm focusing on enjoying things this way as long as they last.