Do You???

Hoshistorm

I just took my TTT last week Friday. My doctor already had me on Metoperal before that test because he was 100% positive that I do have Dysautonomia. So, during the test, after only standing up for 8 min or less, I passed out. My pulse was below 35 and my BP was not readable.

He said that not only is my pulse and BP going really low, he also said it is going very high. (I had a heart monitor on for 2 days the previous week). So, he put me on a water retention pill. He said I am not retaining enough water, also I do not have enough salt in my system. So, he gave me permission to eat a half a jar of pickles a day (I LOVE pickles). Also, he said to drink a lot of Gatorade, and add salt to a lot of my food. I have been doing this since last Fri (starting by eating a plate of pickles right after the test).

I was wondering do you have a BP and pulse that goes way high and way low?

Also, do you have to take a water retention pill?

Thirdly, on the water retention pill and added salt, do you still have light headed spells and symptoms?

I would appreciate comments and suggestions. Thank you!!

During my TTT, my blood pressure was all over the place. My hr stayed at about 56 bpm higher than my resting hr(which, during the test, was already higher than normal) but my blood pressure went all over. It never got low enough or high enough for me to pass out. But I was sort of graying out at the beginning of the test.

Usually it would bounce around from 80/40 to 135/100

I do drink a lot of water and eat a lot of salt, but no water retention pills. (I'm supposed to drink 2-4 liters ((closer to 4 L because I also take iron pills and Miralax)) of non-caffeinated liquid a day, and as much salt as I can tolerate.)