Far Infrared Therapeutic Clothing-Improves The Autonomic Functions Of The Nervous System

Anyway that's the claim, not my words, if only it were true ;-) http://www.firheals.com/catalog/faq.php

I was lookig for a good thigh sleeve and SLS3 sells one withthis FIR stuff in it so I googled it and found this below:

How can FIR heal human body?

One of the reasons that FIR has beneficial results in a variety of illnesses is because FIR can deeply penetrate skin and underlying tissues. When FIR penetrates the skin, they come into contact with protein, collagen and fats. By stimulating micro-vibrations, FIR can elevate tissue temperatures. The human body then can be revitalized because of the improved micro circulation.

Another reason is that FIR has the ability to remove toxins in the body, which are often at the core of many health problems. The build up of toxins in a health body could block the normal blood circulation and impair the cellular energy. When FIR waves are applied, the water molecules that encapsulate the toxins get heat up, and start to vibrate. This vibration reduces the ion bonds of the atoms that are holding together the molecules of water. As the breakdown of the water molecules occurs, encapsulated gases and other toxic materials are released and the body gets rejuvenated.

In addition, FIR also improves human health through following functions:

• Rejuvenates the skin and muscle tone.
  • Increases oxygen in the blood cell
  • Promotes regeneration and fast healing
  • Improves the autonomic functions of the nervous system
  • Reduces fatty acids in the tissues
  • Increase metabolism between blood and tissue.