The Dark Knight Rises

Monstrosity

Not sure how many of you saw the movie but **** it was good! I felt like the story was a direct reflection of me and where I'm at with my medical issues! For anyone that likes that kind of movies (superhero, good vs evil) go see it! I know some feel a negative vibe over what that moron did in Colorado but that was an isolated incident and that could have happened at any movie. Its a great movie I've watched it twice and I might see it a third time while its in theaters. I'll for sure buy the blu ray when it comes out.

Going this afternoon to see it with my son, Logan, a friend, and husband, Tom. Looking forward to it...hoping I don't get too many surges. We went out to celebrate Logan's new job last night, and I got sensory overload in the restaurant, but we were sitting too close to the kitchen, the people were loud, and the music was hardly audible, but they finally dimmed the lights, and I was somewhat better. I loved all the others... :)

Yes! We saw it only 36 hours after the Aurora shooting and only 1 hour south of where it happened. We were not going to let the horrible actions of one psycho stop us from living our lives to the fullest. It was really good! We saw it in IMAX and this time, it didn't give me very many physical troubles, maybe since it wasn't in 3D? I did let myself run out of water at one point, which was dumb and I felt it, but it was just so good that I didn't want to leave the theater for even 1 minute. Which part(s) do you relate to your medical trials and tribulations, was it what happened in the pit? Trying not to give any spoilers, of course. It didn't make me think of my medical issues, but more about the state of our country and the types of things that are threatening it right now and how important it is that we overcome them. In that way, it was very motivating for me.

Wendy

It was the best batman movie yet :) Thanks for the recommendation, Montie, and glad that you also went, Wendy. I have never lived in fear. It's sad that people do crazy senseless acts that involves others lives, and my prayers go out to those families, but it won't stop me from living either. I refuse to let it get the best of me.

• 1 month later...

I havent been on in a while (moved into a house a month or so back and have been BUSY). Anyways to answer Wendy's question on how I related to Bruce Wayne/Batman in the movie. ***Spoiler alert for those who havent watched and are planning on it*** When the movie starts out Bruce Wayne is broken, he's a shell of what he used to be and Batman and he have been MIA. (This was my first year after diagnosis). I became a withdrawn and avoided people. Then he gets his @$$ royally kicked by Bane and is thrown in the hole (This was the past winter and I thought I was going to die. The @$$ kicking I got was from being hooked up to an IV and pumped full of crap for 4 days straight 4 hours per session, and the 3 different Beta Blockers that made my fatigue even worse and my lung function next to nothing, oh and lets not forget the effexor that gave me full body myoclonus jolts. To put it bluntly I would've rather had Bane physically beat me up than the beating that the so called Dr's and drugs gave me). Next came the attempts to get out of the hole. I feel like that is where I'm at now. I'm working out, trying to moderate my diet and do as much as I can around the house and with friends/family. I'm also one determined S.O.B. I plan on getting out of the hole sooner than later. I've had a few attempts and came up short. The most recent was looking at Chiari Malformation. I have been told 3mm now I'm being told 4mm but over and over I've been told its not whats causing my issues, I also tested positive for HLAB27 but X Rays showed no Ankylosing whatever its called. To look even deeper into the movie and why the relation my life prior to Dysautonomia I was fearless, bold, tough, etc... In the prior two movies Bruce Wayne was all that and some. Now I'm more of a recluse, a chess player (have to plan everything to the best of my ability), and lets not forget moody... LOL I need to go to bed, I'll check back in tomorrow. I was hoping when I logged in tonight someone would have posted the miracle cure has been found! Never give up!

I totally relate to what you said! I also have felt like a different person the past 2 years, but have not forgotten or given up on getting back to the tough and energetic person that I used to be. I will not accept a life in the pit, I will escape the pit. I will never give up either!!!

Wendy

P.S. sorry this is so short but I have killer migraine this afternoon.