Ars Results

Hi. I'm new to this, so forgive me. I was diagnosed at Mayo in March with hyperadrenergic POTS and I'm trying to find a doctor in New Mexico to help me (a struggle!). Anyway, my Autonomic Reflex Study has a note that I don't understand and was hoping someone could explain because I can't find any information in my research that makes sense:

"In addition the HR baseline showed irregular small amplitude oscillation."

Can anyone help me understand what this means? I have to explain POTS to possible doctors and I hate not knowing what that is. Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks for having me on the forum.

Shana

Hi Shana,

welcome to the forum,

I hope you'll find here as much help, info and understanding as I have found.

The irregular baseline could be due to the fact that you are young and it is perfectly normal for someone your age (even mine for a fact - I'm several years older than you) for their heart rate to fluctuate a little even when perfectly still. A cardio dr I used to see explained this to me, so I'm passing the info along.

It might as well be a bit of shakiness on your part like hyperpots8 mentioned.

In my opinion, there is nothing you should worry about. If your dr didn't make a big deal out of it, then it probably isn't.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Alex