Severe Calf Pain After Poor Man Tilt. Anyone Else After Ttt?

Hi, again, everyone. Hubby wanted me to ask if any of you get extreme calf pain after a tilt table test?

Both times, after his poor man's tilt table tests, he's experienced what he said is excrutiating calf pain. Anyone else? If so, do you know what causes this pain?

He also got heaviness in his fingers and those started to tingle. Is this from blood pooling, do you think? That would be my guess to him, but I want your input, as well.

Thanks.

Lindajoy

Yes, I was in extreme pain during my test, had all of those symptoms. Think about how your arm feels if you leave a blood pressure cuff on to long. That is similar to the blood pooling in the lower half of your body like you've got a cuff around your waist and the blood can't move up. I was also wiped for days after the test.

My legs and arms were also twitching and spasming contracting involuntarily, my body was trying so hard to compensate and push the blood back up. I did my test with no shoes on, big mistake, I also would have had pants with shorter legs so they could see the change in color of my legs.

Yes, I believe it is due to blood pooling. If I'm not active enough, I also get this! Tingling happens in my hands, too, especially when I'm trying to lift something heavy, but it also happened when I had my TTT.

Thank you, Arizonagirl and Kim. I can not remember if I had pain in my legs with my tilt tables or not, so I was no help to my husband on this one. He has had it so badly with both "tilts."

Arizonagirl, he did his barefoot. I'll have him wear shoes the next time, although I don't think he'll let me test him ever again. He gets so sick for hours afterwards. I took pictures of his red legs, to show the doctor when we go to Cleveland.

Again, thanks you two.

Lindajoy

Oh my goodness that was just from doing a poor mans tilt? Mine symptoms came on during an actual two phase tilt table test. Mine lasted about 30 minutes, 20 min, then nitro and then passout within 10 minutes of that. Make sure when you go to cleveland clinic they do the actual ttt, he will just have to tough it out. It will be worth it in the end to have the medical documentation. That test changed everything for me and open doors to other testing and treatment.

I also just posted some articles from grubb and mayo, make sure you ask them if they test all aspects of autonomic function, including the catechcolomines, I'd use the info in those articles to assist you.

Yes, he gets that sick just from the poor man's tilt! Sad, isn't it. I don't envy his actual tilt. He's scheduled to see the doctor at CCF at 8 am, then the tilt at 11:00. The secretary said the time in-between was left open for any additional testing the doctor may want to do in the meantime.

He's actually having a better day today. He's trying to trim some shrubs. I just looked out of the window and noticed he's taking a break on the porch, sweating pretty badly. I'd better go check on him.

Thanks, Arizonagirl.

Lindajoy