Running up hill with the flu...

My son had a performance the other night and it took everything out of me just to try and sit in the audience. It was one of those "really potsy" days and my pulse was 110-120 just sitting up. And there was nothing I could do to bring it down. I was breathing slow, sitting on my legs, leaning back. Relax, relax, relax. But as all of you know, if it was all about relaxation we would all be cured.

I was thrilled to see my son perform ... but even after I left there was no "gee you did it" feeling in my mind. I simply felt awful. I came to describe it to my husband as ..... It's like you are running up hill ... with the flu ... and you really really want to stop under a shade tree and rest, but you can't. You just keep running, running, running.

When I finally got to the car, I drank a bunch of magnesium and in about 10 minutes it kicked in and I was back to "normal".

It was great to see the abstract Tearose posted today. It is so good to see that people somewhere are still trying to help. I hope someday we each find some relief. Or at least little moments of Ahhhhhh.

Thank you all so much for your support. It's nice to have folks who understand, to lend a hand, or a shoulder to cry on, a hug to celebrate minor victories and in general to but the "fun" into dysfunction.

Good luck to everyone on their healing journey.

EM

Hey EarthMother! It is good to hear from you. I haven't seen you post much last month. I know exactly how you feel - I have had many days like that. It is hard not to lose heart at times. However, you did pull your strength together to see the performance, and my hat is off to you for that, as I know that takes intense mental control and stamina to do so. Give yourself a pat on the back for that - a "normal" person would have collapsed and run to the ER crying :( ! But not us pros! :angry: You are in my thoughts, hang in there. We will all make it someday.