Hula Hoops - Anyone With Wine

issie

• 3 weeks later...

I used to love to hula...I could do it forever, just like the pogo stick and stilts. I was so high energy. I won the prize at my son's middle school 50's fun night...lol

Ha!Ha! I have a picture of me at a party doing a hula hoop and I love the pogo stick too. Oh, it seems like yesterday . . . time goes too fast. Especially, the older you get. My big thing was dancing. I went dancing every weekend and could do just about any type of dance. One night, when I was a teen, one of my friends dad was there and he wanted to jitter bug. I'd never done it - but, let me tell you ----we cleared the dance floor and I kept up with the man. It was so fun. Wish I could still do that. I was big into disco and line dancing.

Issie

Hahaha, so much fun, thanks for sharing Issie and Kim!

I've been using the Wii and played Hula Hoop to try get rid of my hernia last year and it actually worked. I had to hold onto a chair though as I couldn't stand straight while hula hooping. I'm sure drinking a glass of wine while hula hooping would have been disastrous :lol:

Yes, I would definitely fall down trying to hula and drinking wine, Corina...lol...Issie, I loved to dance, too. I also could do all those disco moves. I even danced as an adult, and went to a dance competition in Atlanta, Georgia, when my boys were little. That was tap, but mainly I did ballet and jazz dancing growing up!!

Corina, what kind of hernia did you have, if you don't mind me asking? I had a strange Spigelian hernia to the left of my umbilicus (belly button), that receded, after I pushed it back. I went to an abdominal surgeon, and he said I couldn't have one there (my husband and I saw it poking out). Then when I went to my GI doc, he said it was very rare, and he has only seen 2 of this type in his practice of over 30 years. Talk about strange...lol Leave it to me to have another weird symptom of a rare illness :rolleyes:

Kim I don't mind you asking, I had a lower back hernia. It turned out that moving around in the end helped me get rid of it. It does show it's ugly head now and then but as I can walk now and swim and do other activites it's easier to get it in control!

I'm sorry you had this rare hernia, is it fixed now?

My GI just told me to let him know if it rares it's ugly head again...lol. He says unless it gives me trouble again, to just let it go. As long as I'm exercising, and keeping my abdominal muscles firm, it's OK :) People can develop hernias when there abdominal muscles become weak from inactivity, and from lifting things that are too heavy. We have a lot of inactivity, so it makes sense to me!