Specific Gi Problems

I know a lot of us suffer with nausea and spasms but I'll bring up a personal topic that I'm sure we don't really want to discuss. :D

When I first started having problems this time, it started with my GI. I noticed that my stool was almost always soft for a couple of months before making an appointment with the doc. In that time it started becoming yellow to clay colored. Now my stools are always that color and almost always soft.

I've been through so many stomach exams and everything appears fine. My GI doc told me the color is from it moving through my system to fast and didn't seemed concerned about it. Now I'm thinking that my GI system must be in hyper mode and that is why everything is moving too quickly. Same with my urinary system. The strange thing, to me anyway, is that my blood pressure and pulse seem to be on hypo mode.

If you suffer from more than nausea and spasms, what are your GI problems? Anyone out there like me?

I am currently on a battery of laxitives because mine isnt working at all. if your stool is getting lighter have you had your liver enzimes checked? light stool can be a sighn of liver problems.I am even going to pt for constipation.. dont know if it is going to help or not but its worth a try!

StephL,

My GI symptoms hae gotten a lot better since we have gotten some control over my migraines. However, I had severe nausea, projectile vomiting, severe diarrhea and abdominal pain...well beyond what I would describe as cramping. Both my vomit and stools became remarkably acidic to the point that I felt and looked like I had chemical burns from it. As you described, my stools were soft and much lighter colored than normal even when I wasn't experiencing the rest of these GI symptoms. I often could see undigested food in my stools as well.

With having better control of my migraines, all of these symptoms have lessened (neuro thinks I experience abdominal migraines w/headache). My stools are probably back to normal about 50% of the time too.

But, you are not alone! I don't have any good insight other than my own relationship between migraine and GI. But, I think this is definitely another variable of dysautonomia as we know tha ANS controls the GI tract. It isn't surprising that some of us experience overactivity and some lack of activity.