Switched From Powerade Zero To Gu Brew.....

ACsMom

DD has been downing 1 Powerade 0/day for 6 months. I heard of Nunn tablets and they don't have as much sodium/fl oz and would be expensive to replicate a 32 oz PA Zero. So. I heard of GU Brew Electrolyte tablets. DD really likes them.

DD has POTS and NMH (EDS also). She recently started Effexor XR. With her increased energy, she had a rare busy day Friday with a field trip (standing/walking for 1 hour +) and then a picnic and time to run a little and play with her chemistry classmates at a park. Saturday and Sunday, she was truly POTSy on and off with fatigue and high heart rate when she stood up. I think this may have been precipitated with Fridays fun. But I'm looking at anything else that has changed and that would be the addition of Effexor and switching from Powerade to GU Brew. Her blood pressure has ranged from good to the upper end of low (or the low end of good).

So, should I be looking at the GU Brew switch? Could dropping potassium by 50% trigger anything?

The types of sodium are different in these 2 items.

PA has sodium chloride and sodium citrate along with potassium citrate and potassium phosphate.

GU Brew has sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate and potassium bicarbonate. Lists sodium at 320 mg per serving/tablet/16 oz. of water.

Is there a difference in the form of sodium? Is the GU Brew comparable to Powerade in helping with OI?

Goodness, what a life with playing Sherlock Holmes in figuring out what provoked her autonomic nervous system. This is truly a learning time for us.

Thanks.