Annoying Symptom...

So things have been progressively getting more frustrating over the last 5-6 weeks. I've started getting short of breath often, even when I'm just sitting down. I've noticed it happens a lot when I'm eating/drinking. I try to eat slowly and eat small meals. I also keep getting these feelings where I feel surges of something...it makes me feel almost shaky and as if my hr is high. I'll check my vitals and things are usually pretty normal. I'm wondering what on earth could be causing this. I'm not anxious at the times it happens. I can be sitting down relaxing and all of a sudden I feel like I'm on edge and shaky and short of breath. Any ideas of what this could be?

The surges are probably adrenaline surges. They are very annoying. I do not experience anxiety with mine either. I can be just lying around and they will start.

I also have the short of breathe feeling. We have conjectured on this forum what causes it but no one knows for sure.

It is blood pooling, because when you are digesting your blood goes to the stomach after eating, and since our vessels seem to have a difficult time reacting properly (vasodilation/vasoconstriction), being that we have issues with tachycardia and blood pressure, this sudden blood being called, so to speak to a vital area after eating can cause this, bloating feeling, and this can happen in the lungs, as well, causing shortness of breath. It is actually "normal" for dysautonomia. Adrenaline surges are also pretty normal, with and without tachycardia...shakiness also is a part of this disorder. Nothing to worry about :)

I also get this...it's crazy to me the things that make me out of breath anymore! I have been trying to get back into exercise lately, but it has been challenging to say the least. I keep telling myself that I just have to push through it....but then find that is SO easier said than done ;). It is frustrating and I try not to be too hard on myself, but I'm sure we all battle with this!

I can also be sitting there and my whole body suddenly feels jittery, like I just got infused with a caffeine I've drip or something and I can't find any reason. At these times, my hands (especially the left one for whatever reason) feel strange and want to clench up. Do you experience that as well?

Yes, HHolmes, what a fun array of symptoms indeed haha! :) The longer I have this the more I seem to discover lol