For Those With Food Intolerances And Gi Issues

Katybug

I had never heard of them before but I know there are a few people on this forum that have said they can only eat 3 or 4 foods. That is apparently consistent with these disorders. I would agree that people that wonder if they have MCAD would be well served to check these out too.

I had a upper GI done a few years ago and they found esosinophilic esophagitis. They told me it was from acid reflux and they wanted me to take tons of ppi's. The ppi's made me feel awful and my reflux didn't get better. I've been tired of dealing with gastro's so I just dealt with it. A few months ago my dr did a gastric emptying that revealed pretty severe gastroparesis which I believe has caused the reflux.

Right now, I don't know if EE is from a food allergy or the reflux caused by gastroparesis.

It's definitely something to look more into.

When I first got sick, I was tested for POTS and treated, but some of my symptoms didn't clear. It was found that I had Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I was treated with a swallowed corticosteroid pump spray, which worked for all of a week. Now, since I have to be on hydrocortisone daily for Addison's Disease, my EE is under control.

I am one of those on here who can eat few foods. Actually, right now, I can eat no foods and am back on strictly an elemental formula. No one has been able to figure out why I react so badly to eating. I've been tested for the eosinophilic disorders and mast cell disease, to no avail. I'm now undergoing testing for myalgic encephalomyolitis. That can cause severe reactions to eating.

Thanks for the information on EE offered. It's good stuff.

Lindajoy

When I first got sick, I was tested for POTS and treated, but some of my symptoms didn't clear. It was found that I had Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I was treated with a swallowed corticosteroid pump spray, which worked for all of a week. Now, since I have to be on hydrocortisone daily for Addison's Disease, my EE is under control.

I am one of those on here who can eat few foods. Actually, right now, I can eat no foods and am back on strictly an elemental formula. No one has been able to figure out why I react so badly to eating. I've been tested for the eosinophilic disorders and mast cell disease, to no avail. I'm now undergoing testing for myalgic encephalomyolitis. That can cause severe reactions to eating.

Thanks for the information on EE offered. It's good stuff.

Lindajoy

Hi LInda,

What is myalgic encephalomyolitis? I googled it and cannot find it. Do you mean ME - Myalgic encephalomyelitis? as in Chronic Fatigue Sydnrome?

Marti