Rheumo And Gastro

Hey Guys. So I am in need of a Gastrointerologist and a Rheumologist. Anyone have any ideas on good ones? The ones where I live are not good at all, even one of my docs who treat me down here want recommend one to me becuz they have had such bad experiences. I live in North Carolina so peferably not to far. I am at the age where I can still see peds and be in adults. All my docs are peds even my primary is a pediatrician. Thanks!

I've heard really good things about Dr. John Fortunato at Wake Forest in Winston Salem. He's a pediatric gastroenterologist that supposedly has a lot of experience with POTS patients. He did his fellowship at Johns Hopkins under a well-known motility expert. I know that he's been mentioned on this forum before. You can probably do a search on here and find out more. Good luck! I know it's so hard to find a good gastro.

Potsgirl93,

If you don't get anyone closer, you may want to PM "Mack's Mom". She had sent to the name of the Gastro at Johns Hopkins but he's pediatrics, so I can't see him. Baltimore would be about a 6-7 hour drive from Charlotte, NC if that helps gauge travel time from where you are in NC. I'm sorry I can't remember his name or find the thread.

Good luck,

Katie