Met is the metabolic rate, used to help measure functional status (your energy expenditure). Six years ago mine was fine at 12.8 but now mine is 2.1 and he said I had poor functional status. I am in the 19th percent for my age. I mean I know I am very weak a lot but I am still taking care of babies. I know I'm not deconditioned as I do as much as I can, I haven't given in to my illness I still push myself . But with my leaky valves I think that is what's making me worst, so I'm gonna ask my cardio tomorrow at my appt. I was just curious about others that deal with dysautonomia, and if your score is low also. I can't exercise my old very good cardiologist said with my fainting its not wise. Because we have tried building my tolerance and it doesn't work. Its very disapponting I went shopping yesterday and did really good in the wheelchair. I hate it though I want to know what its like to stand and not be dizzy or short of breath. I have never known the normal. Lol and I'm not exaggerating.

Is that the same as a metabolic stress test? I had one a few months ago on a stationary bike and was 32% and was told that that was not good. A treadmill would've been much worse for me.

Actaully my dr has has me working with the exercise physio at his office the past few months. He wants me to redo the test in late march :( to see if there's any improvement. I already nervous when I think about it and am praying it's still on the bike...the treadmill scares me

I definitely understand, I Am going to talk to him tomorrow about this. Because he isn't providing any help with this. No plan for new test. My treadmill only lasted one minute, I was so symptomatic from the time I stood but I pushed through until I almost passed out, and this test was back in july when I was taking care of my newborn. I was so active and felt a lot better than I do now. Makes me wonder how it is now. But yes this seems like the same test. Wow if 32% was bad mine was 19% for my age and I only know this because I requested my records.

I have a feeling my score would be different had I been on a treadmill. Im nervous but thinking it 32% was so bad & they've been making me do mild exercise theres no where to go but up!

I think met & mst are different. I found this article with met chart

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/cardiovascularhealth/champs.html#9

The exercise physio told me 32% is barely walking a 3 min mile. So my met score is probably in the 2's also.

Yea that sounds right, I know it also depends on your age when they use the percentage. I could be wrong but my 2.1 mets made my percentage low because I was 23 with a low mets score so my percentage was 19%. Meaning I'm in the 19th percent with values this low for my age. But may be wrong. I'm going to ask him about all of this tomorrow.

I did, he told me that my neuro would be better to send me to vanderbilt since he knows the contacts there so I am just waiting to be approved for insurance so I can go to him for the referral. And since I was so symptomatic and he saw what my hr and blood pressure were, he scheduled a ttt for Thursday. And depending on results will figure out what to do next.