Shortness Of Breath, But Able To Function? Weird

futurehope

First off, for the past year I have been unable to sing, usually in church. I can sing a bit if I'm seated.

If I am walking, I'm frequently short of breath, but able to keep walking and keep up regardless?!

I'm wondering if there is any explanation, especially in light of the fact that I just accomplished what would have been an impossible feat 10 years ago.....I walked around Disney World for three days?! (Thank you, Lord!)

I still had shortness of breath, but it doesn't make sense to me since I can walk. It may take me a bit longer up the hills, but not overly long.

My heart has just been thoroughly checked out.

I'm on Singulair (no asthma diagnosis, just possible MCAD), Atarax, Xyzal and Tagamet (H2 and H1 blockers).

Any ideas? BTW, I have been doing some walking on a treadmill for 20 minutes a day, and even though I'm short of breath, my heartrate is on the target zone and I am able to walk?!

Of course, I'll ask my doctors if they have any idea of why I'm short of breath as well, but I thought I'd ask you all first.

i haven't been able to sing for years. when i saw my doc for something else it came up in our conversation and he said that made sense to him as the body delivers blood to every organ that is in need of blood first. as singing isn't a priority and my body already struggled getting blood everywhere where needed, it limits or cuts off on "unnecessary" things.

now that i'm doing better (i'm on octreotide for a little over a year now) i can sing again, amazing don't you think?

I pray for one day that I can get to the point you're at. But since I've been researching my own severe shortness of breathe, I've come across people on here who have Vocal Cord disorders. From what I read from them, the trick is having a problem at the time they look at your vocal cords.. They didn't think that could be causing it, but they had it proved in tests. Might be something good for you to ask your doctor about. Hope you find an answer soon!