Poll: Lyme Disease And Co-Infections:breathing Issues

RichGotsPots

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Are you exercising? This helps with lung perfusion, and increased lung capacity, so does singing, btw...I've never had Lyme (was tested by my neuro), but have had other lung infections, but don't know if there were 2 bacterial infections at the same time, but you know about my asthma, lung bleeds, and sleep apnea, so I have plenty of breathing issues, without the other two!! I hope you are able to find an answer...

I had dysautonmia diagnosis about 3 years before I was diagnosed with lyme. Had normal antibiotic treatment for the lyme and been told it's under control. I question it though because still feeling same symptoms. Also have asthma but lately more lung and chest pressure being blamed on stomach issue's(gastroperisis, Gerd, Throat issues). Haven't found any treatment very helpful so far.

I was tested by my PCP for Lyme with the usual methods. But then I learned on here that normal testing has lots of false negative results. My PCP is willing to treat with antibiotics and retest. Since the tests are looking at the immune response and the immune response is compromised by the Lyme, it my show up after 6 weeks of treatment.

Dr. Mercola did an interview with Dr. Klinghardt on Lyme. Very informative. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/05/dr-dietrich-klinghardt-on-lyme-disease.aspx?e_cid=20120205_SNL_Art_1

Rich,

I had Babesiosis and Lyme (and suspected Bartonella although my tests for this were neg.). I had what I would say were very minor POTS symptoms through the beginning of my infection and really didn't pay much attention to them since my other symptoms were much more debilitating at the time. I was treated by a Lyme Literate Doc that follows treatment guidelines written by Dr Burrascano (sp?) ( http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf). It helped quite a bit with a lot of my symptoms, hoever, some of those symptoms have returned over the years and now the POTS is at the fore-front of the issues. I did not have any breathing problems until about a year ago when the POTS got really bad. Now I have shortness of breath and chest pain and compression.

You my also want to check out what this doc, Dr. SHoemaker, has to say about Lyme and chronc illness. http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/202-dr-ritchie-shoemaker-video-on-lyme