Bugs, Bugs, And More Bugs.. Yuck!!!

heissovereign

SO, happy valentines....

yea my 2 yr old woke at 1am screaming for help so i put her in bed with me thinking its her normal night fright. after tossing and turning and scratching until 4:30am, i finally get up and look at her head.

She has lice!!!! the only time we have been out of the house in weeks was thursday we took the girls to a restaurant to have time away from the house and for my 2 yr old to play. well obviously the matting under the play area is infested with Lice because we have not left this house except to go there. she threw a tantrum when we went to leave and would not get off of the mat, it was busted open as well...

so looks like thats where she got them. so I have been basically up since yesterday morning at 8am, because i couldn't sleep as it was. but have been having to tear my house apart to eradicate any that might be around. I got her treated and de-bugged luckily my 10 month old doesnt have much hair... and lol I treated myself just in case but i have naturally oily hair so i doubt they would like me but my daughter has fine clean hair, i think i'm gonna start putting mousse or gel or something in it to prevent this. Gonna make a call soon to the restaurant to let them know to check their play area. Please pray for me, my heart is going nuts from being up all this time and on my feet cleaning. I will be sick for days!!!! LOL Happy Valentines day for me!!!

Wow that is crazy, I thought head to head contact was typically needed--or sharing a hat, etc. I've never heard of a play mat being infected.

From what I remember of lice (my youngest sister had them as a young child when there was an outbreak in her classroom) there is not a need to eradicate from the house. You do want to clean bedding, hats, etc. And probably repeat head treatments.

So sorry for your stress.

Thanks sorry I should have clarified. I mean eradicate the bugs from their possible hiding places like washing bedding and such. Its just a lot because we shared a lot of things like bedding and such when we didn't know she had them.

And I thought the same but there hasn't been any other contact as we have been stuck at home until that one time, I called the restaurant and they said it is possible and they are looking into it.