How Many People Have Tried Losartan?

jangle

I know there is at least one other. I remember them talking about it. I had to eat crow on this one - because, I had to beg to try it. It made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Hurt in shoulder, jaw and heart. I tried to take it for a few days but that feeling got worse. I was so sure it would be right for me . . .sigh - it wasn't.

Issie

I want to try dihydrolipoic acid. It's the reduced form of alpha lipoic acid. Rama mentioned someone was improved with alpha lipoic acid, however a study I read showed that alpha lipoic acid has minimal activity with angiotensin ii, but the reduced form -dihydrolipoic acid - seems to block angiotensin ii receptors as well as have significant antioxidant properties.

I also remember reading somewhere that you must get your levels of B1 up BEFORE you use alpha lipoic acid. Something about making it work better and not causing adverse side effects. But, remember to also take a B Complex. You never want to just add one B - you have to have the whole gammut of them. Right now, I'm using a B complex and also additional Benfotiamine (a form of B1) also a few more things to up my mitro and neuro transmissions. But, I don't want to say what just yet. Too soon to form conclusions. But, looking VERY, VERY promising. Feeling pretty good, actually.

Issie

The thing is, you need to get rid of the 5 membered ring in the alpha lipoic acid. It might still have some effects on angiotensin ii binding, but it will be minimal. It's the free sulfur groups that inhibit the angiotensin ii binding. However, I also read that perhaps lipoic acid is reduced inside cells, but I don't know if that means it can bind to the cell membrane. I mean if it gets reduced inside the cell, it's now become more polar and is unlikely to go through the nonpolar cell membrane to bind to surface receptors where it is needed.

Either way, one should be able to obtain dihydrolipoic acid, it's just a little bit more difficult.

Yeah, you can get it. If Life Extension has written an article on it - they usually carry what it is they write about. But, there may be other, cheaper places to obtain it. One thing, I read about it, was a warning to be careful about combining it with certain medicines. It suggested getting the benefits from foods - not supplements. One food that it is high in is Kale. I love that - put it in a pan, pour olive oil on it and sea salt and bake it. Keep it stirred up until crisp and eat - yum.

But, Jangle - wait til I tell you what I'm doing. It has less possible issues and seems to be working. Just a few more days of my trying it. Okay?

Issie

One other monkey wrench in alpha lipoic and its preceeder - is they are both scavengers of NO (nitric oxide). This may be fine if your levels are too high - but, if they are too low - this will make you worse.

But, if you get it in food form - this probably wouldn't be an issue than with a concentrated pill form.