Could This Be Related To Dyautonomia

lgtaylor100

Sorry I meant dysautonomia.

Back in May I was having some lower back pain and my doctor ordered a lumbar MRI. The MRI showed mild to moderate stenosis at L4 and L5. The pain management doctor decided that it wasn't bad enough to do anything at that time. My lower back pain started getting worse about a month ago and I had another MRI. This time it showed severe stenosis at the same points. Could this rapid progression be related to dysautonomia or to an autoimmune process that has not yet been diagnosed. My doctors say no. I think that it is pretty rapid progression and that doesn't seem like a normal degenerative process to me. Any thoughts?

Edited by lgail

I have this in my whole spine - there isn't a single spot that doesn't have some sort of issue. They are watching me for AS because my dad has it. For some reason - there are issues in the L5 region that seems to have implications of possible symptoms with POTS. I looked into this years ago, but can't remember what all the effects are. I have LOTS of pain. Part of the issues are probably connected to my having EDS - us with that get osteoarthritis. I do wonder, if there isn't an autoimmune issue involved. Because AS is considered autoimmune, although it is also genetic usually.

I'd really start doing some anti-inflammatory things and maybe it will slow the progression down.

Thanks Issie. I had the genetic test for AS and it was negative. At one point, because I also have neck pain, I suggested EDS to my doctor but he said I don't have it because I don't have the usual hypermobility. Still I think there is something systemic that is causing all of these osteoarthritis and spinal issues. It is tough to convince my doctors of that. I am getting nerve block shots in a few weeks.

Issie - What anti-inflammatory things do you suggest?