High Blood Calcium And Albumin With Weakness And Chest Pain

kluesyk

Need a bit of help. 10 days ago my dr changed my thyroid meds which caused a major chest pain, dizzy, high blood pressure, migraine episode I can't seem to get under control.

Finally had a steriod shot that seems to be helping some, but still dizzy and weak and blood pressure goes crazy if I am up much.

Dr called and said my blood calcium and albumin are high and wants more testing....ionized calcium and parathyroid hormone. I think she is looking for parathyroid problems.

The thyroid meds she took me off contained a bit of calcitonin(Nature-throid which is like Armour) and I was without it for 6 days when I crashed hard. I am wondering if the calcitonin was helping with the calcium balance and when it was gone caused the high calcium, ect?

This episode is really getting the best of me. Blood pressure was 185/120 Sunday night when I would try to lay down to go to sleep. Stayed propped up on couch all night. Taking more clonidine to bring it down and trying to not do anything. It was 125/105 when I woke up this morning....still too high on the bottom.

Meds were changed due to a high RT-3 , dr was trying to put me on T-3 only to clear out the problem. Guess I can't do that.

I am now back on Nature-throid and no extra T-3, stopped the midodrine and licorice as they both raise blood pressure.

Anyone have this happen to them?

The T3 could have been the problem as it will cause extreme tachy issues. Did this to try to reset my thyroid and get it to start converting the T4 into T3. It didn't work for me and it did cause extreme heart issues. I think the natural form of thyroid is better anyway. You need both kinds to be balanced out.

Issie